Since its creation, MASA has signed reciprocal agreements with 28 sister societies. The Society has on several occasions participated in the CISAC African Committee where it has strengthened its relationship.
The Society is thankful to SUISA and SAMRO for the training of her staff for COSIS V during the month of February 2004. Six members of MASA's personnel followed intensive courses on Copyright Society Administration in their respective fields - Finance, Membership & Repertoire and Communication.
International reproduction of musical works
In the months to come, representatives of Universal, Warner, Sony, Colombia and other international publishers will be visiting Mauritius. MASA will seize this opportunity to develop new strategies in terms of reproduction of musical works or any form of sound recording.
List of sister societies with which MASA has signed reciprocal agreements:
- CISAC (Confédération Internationale Des Sociètés D'Auteur Et Compositeurs)
- WIPO (OMPI) (World Intellectual Property Organisation /
OrganiSation Mondiale de la Propriété Intellectuelle)
- SACEM (Société d'auteurs, Compositeurs et Editeurs de Musique)
- IPRS (India Performing Right Society)
- PRS (Performing Rights Societies)
- SAMRO (South African Music Rights Organisation Limited)
- APRA (Australian Performing Right Association)
- SUISA (Société SuisSe pour les droits des Auteurs d'oeuvres Musical)
- ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers)
- SOCAN (Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada)